Handle your diabetes with diet

1600 Calorie Diabetic Diet Plan

1600 Calorie Diabetic Diet Plan 1600 Calorie Diabetic Diet Plan is great for promoting weight loss. A person with diabetes should consult a registered nutritionist to determine the best diet plan for weight loss. However, a healthy weight loss plan breaks down between 45 percent and 65 percent of the total calories from high- carbohydrates. Your carbohydrate intake should be monitored by counting carbohydrates or using a meal plan exchange list. The rest of the diet is made up of 25 to 35 percent fat – usually one unsaturated and highly unsaturated – and 12 to 20 percent lean protein. Those who want to lose weight need to be patient and realistic. When paired with physical activity and proper hydration, it can lead to amazing results in no time. If you are looking to lose weight healthily, below you will find a list of all the recommended foods to include in your diet.


Whatever the motivation that drives you to want to lose weight, our suggestion is to do it gradually and above all healthy. Losing weight drastically is destabilizing for the body and, sometimes, does not even allow you to achieve the desired results. That’s why when you go on a 1600 calorie diabetic diet it is important to pay attention not only to the number of calories ingested but above all to always include all the nutrients necessary to stay healthy.

If you have no particular problems other than diabetes, you can gradually lose weight and healthily with a diabetic 1600 calorie meal plan. Here is an example table that you can follow for the 5 meals of the day in a 1600 Calorie Diabetic Diet Plan.


  • Partially skimmed cow’s milk       200 grams
  • Whole grains      40 grams
  • Fresh fruit           150 grams


  • Fresh fruit           150 grams
  • Dried fruit           15 grams


  • Wholemeal pasta             80 grams
  • Cow ricotta         100 grams
  • Steamed broccoli             200 grams
  • Extra virgin olive oil         3 tsp


  • Greek yogurt     170 grams
  • Fresh fruit           150 grams


  • Stewed cuttlefish            200 grams
  • Fresh pea’s         200 grams
  • Fennel salad       200 grams
  • Extra virgin olive oil         3 tsp


While following the 1600 Calorie Diabetic Diet Plan try not to make these 3 mistakes:


One of the best things you can do for your body is to learn to eat healthy, all the time. It is natural not to be able to constantly follow a predefined pattern, but it is equally important to pay attention to the quantity and quality of the food we eat as much as possible.

Even if you’re not following a 1600 calorie meal plan for diabetics, be sure to include foods rich in fiber, vitamins, and nutrients in your diet. Eat lots of vegetables and prefer lean foods. If you completely abandoned this type of diet, you would end up frustrating all the efforts made.


Anything starts from the head. Whatever your goal, you can only achieve it if you want to. Gaining good physical shape is a slow and gradual process, and you can’t expect to get the results you want in just one month. It takes perseverance, a lot of strength, and above all a lot of determination!


Water is essential for improving the functioning of internal organs, eliminating excess toxins and liquid stagnation. Drink at least 1 and a half liters of still water a day, avoiding fizzy drinks or drinks filled with added sugars.

As an alternative to water, you could drink grapefruit juice (great for draining), orange (rich in vitamin C), or blueberry (great for blood circulation). Avoid consuming alcohol and if you really can’t do without it, try not to overdo it.

In any case, before following a 1600 Calorie Diabetic Diet Plan, it is necessary to discuss your choice with your doctor: based on the state of health, he will be able to give useful information and reassure you on the correctness of the choice made. If you have a teen daughter, please refer to these healthy diet plans for teenage girl.